Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2nd day in HK

The day started off with me waking up real early thanks to jet lag. Just killed time by talking on msn and watching youtube vids. Then I went out for dim sum with Uncle Albert @ the same place as yesterday. Ordered some typical stuff like beef tripe, rice rolls and I decided to try out their "lao sah bao" to see if they were any good. Their "low sah bao" doesn't exactly "lao" that well as shown by the pic below. It was real solid but I did taste a bunch of egg yolk which I gave a tiny plus. Overall, one of my family's favourite dim sum place in vancity has lao sah baos that will just straight up kill these. Was disappointed with the quality of the baos here.



Then afterwards, headed home and chilled for a bit. Headed out to Miramar Tower to do some shopping. Ended up with a pair of uniqlo (made in japan chyeah) for real cheap cuz of some promotion. Uncle Albert paid for this being my bro's red pocket gift so I don't have to bring money home with me on the plane trip again. Pics will be up tomorrow cuz the lighting really sucks right now (it's 12am here).




Then checked out IFC tower @ Central to check out their Levi's LVC. They wanted $3000HKD for a pair of jeans. Nah man, I'm alright hahaha. Looks like I might not end up buying any jeans in HK.

Following that, I went to Central's Optical 88 for a pair of glasses; nothing stood out so I went to Tai Koo Sing's Optical 88. They had a much better selection but none of them were "me". Looks like I may not be getting glasses in HK either.

We were getting hungry and ended up at some HK-style cafe that I had been to before on last time's trip to HK (the one with the good pork chop buns). I ordered squid balls with ho fun. The ho fun was thin and delicious. The squid balls were awesome; they actually tasted like squid vs Canada's crap.


After that, went to City Chain (watch distributor) and ended up getting a Casio G-shock for a decent price as well (cheaper than Canada). After the purchase, we headed back home to rest.


Then I went out with my homie Martin to Harbour City shopping centre and hung out for 2 hours just browsing around shops. I didn't end up getting anything cuz they sold a bunch of high end stuff at prices I wasn't willing to pay. Nothing really stood out either. Ah well.

Anyways, went out for dinner with his mom and dad later at some restaurant serving Shanghai style food. The dishes were quite decent and were "different" from the usual HK style food I eat while outside. The dessert was some egg bread pastry with red bean pastry filling. Overall, the meal was filling (cuz we ordered too much haha) and was good. Now I'm back home finishing up this rant before going off to bed to KO jet lag.


Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment